Run with me

I went for a mela yesterday,
 She was with me,
The second-grade school girl
Who walked into my classroom
 In pigtails with a hand full of
Green glass bangles.
The night was draping itself-
 In light, music and doped
Mysterious village folks.
I smiled and walked with her,
Racing with her back to those
 Cryptic school days of
Rain floods and floating classrooms,
 My dirty uniforms and her-
Well-kept evening school skirt.
 I got bangles yesterday
Even though I don’t fancy them,
 Ate salted groundnuts with
 Ginger lime, sucked in a lot of-
 Fresh air and walked with a
Familiar crowd over
The mud lanes;
Certain scents so familiar
 To my nostrils and
Unsure celebrations soaking
Into the corners of an unsettled brain.

Kunju, runnn with me!

PS: Who's my visitor from Bosnia? Just curious HMU :)